I’m excited to be starting my 8th year teaching at Catholic Central! Teaching has been in my family for many generations and I am proud to continue that legacy! Here are a few more facts about me!
- My husband and I were married in 2010. He grew up in Canada and teaches Religion in the Academy at Guardian Angles Catholic School. He practices the Japanese martial arts of Aikido, Iaido, and Aiki Buki, where he is a second degree black belt in each.
- I enjoy spending time with family, especially my son, Callaghan, and my niece and nephew! I enjoy going to movies and concerts. I like staying active with soccer, volleyball, and yoga.
- I enjoy watching and going to sports events, especially the Red Wings, Tigers, U of M and UDM sports! I also, can’t get enough of the Olympics and World Cup either!
- Masters in Education-Instruction from Central Michigan University.
- BA degree from The University of Detroit–Mercy where I played on, and was captain of the soccer team. Highlights: Horizon League Champs 2004, scored winning header goal in final, tournament MVP! Made it to the 2nd round of NCAA. Scored first ever UDM NCAA tournament goal on a penalty kick in a 3-2 win over The University of Michigan!
- Played soccer for Vardar Soccer club for 10 years! Highlights: State Champs, ’97, ’98, ’99, ’00, ’02, ’03 . Regional runner-runner up in 2003.
- Played for Michigan ODP soccer team. Highlights: Regional Champs 2001
- Grew up in Troy, Michigan attending Athens High School where I was a varsity Volleyball and Soccer player. Highlights: Soccer State Champs in 2000! All-State first team in 2002!
- My Favorite number is #18!!